Time off work: Check!

Helena Travel Blog

I went in to work today and visited with my boss about the possibility of me taking time off from work this summer to visit my friend in Namibia. I was kind of dreading the experience, because I have not been working there for a year yet, and normally we are not allowed to use our vacation time until a year is up. So, even though he is a really great boss, I was expecting him to say no...not because he didn't want to give me the time, but because I work for a corporation, and sometimes there are rules, and regulations that prohibit you from bending those rules. I just told myself that I at least had to ask. Even if the answer was no, at least then, I wouldn't spend my life wondering if I would have been able to go if I had just asked. So I did, and I didn't even have to do any convincing. I just told him what I wanted to do and asked if there was any possibility of me taking two weeks off to go. He said yes and didn't even bat an eye!!!
sylviandavid says:
Sounds like a reallly cool boss.... I am lucky: my bosses are great too...... they travel through my letters and blogs..... Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 20, 2008
oldschoolbill says:
I love when a Plan works, if you don't ask you won't know, now you know you can go< HAAAAAAAA
Posted on: Mar 20, 2008