Helena Travel Blog

So, as I'm preparing to go on my trip, the issue of vaccinations has come up in several conversations. I have done some asking around, and have checked with the travel clinic in my city. They basically told me that some people want every shot that they can possibly get, while others want none, or as few as possible. I fall into the latter cattegory, but I don't want to be stupid about it, either. There are one or two shots that I'll probably get just to be on the safe side. My parents, as well as a couple other people are really pushing me to get all of the ones that the travel clinic listed, but my friend who is living in Namibia has told me that since I'm only going to be there for a short time, I don't really need to worry...and honestly I'm really not worried about it. Any advice from some of you seasoned travelers out there??
lisa says:
i got 6 shots before Ghana and now i'm ready to travel anywhere in the world!!! :P
Posted on: May 05, 2008
mikevirgo0824 says:
Hey Nacie,

This might help you out. I got a yellow fever vaccine (which lasts 10 years) when I went to Iguazu Falls in Brazil.
Posted on: May 04, 2008