Africa: Day Two

Munich Travel Blog

Oh my goodness, I had no idea what this international travel really included. My flight out of Salt Lake left more than an hour behind schedule. It was about eleven hours long, and I have to say, extremely uncomfortable. I could not find a sleeping position that was suitable, and my back was (and still is) killing me. The flight attendants were kind of rude, too. But there was lots of turbulance, so at least it made for a fun ride. =)

Well, we arrived in Paris at about 12:45...5 minutes before I was supposed to catch my connecting flight into Germany. Then there was something wrong with the jetway, whatever that means, so we sat on the runway for about 45 minutes waiting for a gate to open up. When none did, we deplaned on the tarmack, and were bussed over to a customer service area, since most of the people catching a connecting flight had already missed it. I got placed on a flight leaving an hour later, and arrived in Munich, Germany around 5 pm. This time I had to ask a couple people where in the world I was supposed to go and what to do, because Delta only got me as far as Munich, then I had to check in with a different airline in order to get to Windhoek. I got it figured out, though, and got through security, and have a couple hours before I board the final stretch. I requested a window seat for this flight, so maybe I'll be able to lean against the wall and actually get some sleep...maybe I won't have a seat buddy either so I can stretch out. That would be heaven!

missandrea81 says:
I hate the Paris airport!!
Posted on: Jul 14, 2008