Africa: Day One

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Well, I somehow slept in and was rushing around trying to get everything done this morning. I got all packed (Everything for two weeks all in carry on, thank you very much). I was trying to clean my house a bit, because my mom will be staying there Monday night, and I also didn't want to come home to a dirty house, but I sucked something up in the vaccuum cleaner, and it started smelling horrible, and stopped working. So much for that! But I got everything else done, and got to the airport on time. (The guys at the ticket counter gave me the "best packer" award, and were fairly impressed that I was going so far with so little). I had no problems checking in and getting through security. My flight to Salt Lake City left on time and arrived early. No trouble finding the gate for my next flight, but when I got there, I discovered that my flight to Paris is leaving 45 minutes late. I don't even have two hours when I get there to figure out where I have to go and get on the flight to Germany. So it's 2:30 now, and I'll probably spend the next three hours praying. LOL I'm a little nervous about this whole traveling thing.