Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'...

Helena Travel Blog

I have a really good friend who went to Namibia in February through an organization called AIM. She and her husband are there working in Rundu at an orphanage-type project. Before they left, she and I talked about the possibility of me visiting for a couple of weeks during their stay. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Africa and participate in something like that, however, at this point in my life, there is no possible way that I could commit to the type of time frame that these organizations are looking for. I think the minimum for AIM is like 4  months. So anyways, I've been in contact with my friend through email over the last couple weeks, and we have discussed some tentative times for me to visit in June, and I think her brother might accompany me as well. He's graduating from high school this year, and wants to do a little traveling without his parents, and all that good stuff. =)

So I've pretty much decided that I'm going. I can't really afford it...money will be tight for a LONG time afterward, but I'm afraid that if I don't go, I'll always regret it, and I believe in living your life so that you have no regrets.

Really the only thing that would hold me back at this point is work. I have been at my current job for 6 months, and while I am accruing vacation time, I'm not allowed to actually use any of it until I've been there for a year. So unless there is some way around it, I'm going to have to take 2 weeks off without pay...if my boss even agrees to the leave of absence.

So if you think of it, send some good thoughts and positive energy my way!! =)

huibdos says:
Good work well done
Posted on: May 22, 2009
postaltiburon says:
good luck! I hope you are allowed the time off from work. Visiting Namibia would definitely be an offer not to refuse!
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008
BubbleGum says:
yes, you defenitely should do it!! :D i'm sure you won't be sorry!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008