Heart stopping

Paris Travel Blog

The Eiffel Tower at night

I love Paris.  Everytime I go (I've now been 2.5 times) I just fall in love with it even more.  My first trip was when I was a freshman in high school (14 years old).  At that point I had taken a year of french courses and loved the language and culture.  I didn't really know much more than a basic knowledge, but what I did know...I loved.  I went with a friend's family and it was just a blast.  I was so lucky to have been able to travel abroad at a young age.  I was able to experience a new culture and bring that back to my classmates.  I loved being able to share stories during French class especially.  I stopped taking French in high school after two years and really never became proficient in the language.

the Louvre in Paris

In college at the end of my studying abroad, I took a 9 day trip by myself across Europe.  It was incredibly fast paced.  I was able to briefly see Nice and had a layover in the trainstation in Paris. (I say I've been to Paris 2.5 times because really I've stepped foot in the city 4 times but two were during train layover and were too quick to really call a full visit).  I knew then that I really wanted to come back to France someday because I just felt like I fit in.  I couldnt stop eating the food, trying to speak as many French words as I could and see as many things as I could fit in to my short stay.

I was lucky that during my senior year of college I could go back to France, even for just a short while.  I went on a week long trip to a small community (Taize).  I had started taking french again so I felt I could speak a little better than when I went to Nice.  While on this short trip we visited Paris and oh how I love it!   These are just two of my favorite pictures from that trip...

Paris