Return To Mexico - Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

The Arches
Overall good day. The anxiety and deep sickly feeling in my stomach thats been persistent all week seems to have gone away. Now I'm here. I have a feeling I was just nervous and a little afraid that I was making a mistake by setting out and traveling on my own. Definitely a different mindset today.

Puerto Vallarta is a BEAUTIFUL city. Amazing! I spent about 2.5 hours sitting in front of a woman that would not stop talking. Talking talking talking. I was like god-damn I'm glad I'm not sitting next to her. She was a kind of a traveler like me but a bit older. The couple she was sitting next to shoulda seen her true motives coming from a mile away. By the time the plane landed this woman was practically asking to stay where they were. Ha! Nice try. She spent the entire plane ride trying to get close to these people so she could grub a place to stay for the week! Guess ya gotta do what you gotta do.
The Room

Anyways, the plane landed in Puerto Vallarta($145 flight from LA), and once again... Just as in Thailand, or Mexico City, or even any European city's airport, it was so clean and organized. Puts our messy system at LAX or any NYC airport to shame. I then spent some time getting aquatinted with my surroundings. I had to get to downtown. But how? Taxi? That was $25. Im on a budget here. I made some conversation with a local, found out I can take a shabby bus for 40 cents. So Thats what I did. Saves me $24.60.

Hopped off the bus after chatting w/ this Canadian guy for the 10 minute ride. Cool cobble-stone roads. I followed the streets till I found my place of stay. A hotel about 5 blocks from the beach, Hotel Villa Del Mar($27). Lowest price I could find.
The Hotel
Think its a holiday weekend. However, great place. Very clean and the front desk muchachas are incredibly sweet.

I spent the remainder of the evening walking along the beach. Camped out at a local restaurant, had some fajitas and pacifico(3 for $4) and watched the sun set. Great end to the beginning of my trip.

No surf here, but I'm on the lookout. Further south may yield better results. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow but tonight Im actually finishing up some work. Of course.

K, thought I was done with this blog when I wrote it last night. I should have known better... So it must have been 3am or something and I wake up to some girl in another room screaming at the top of her lungs. I thought she was dying. But no. She was just having sex. It went on for about an hour.
The View