Back in Guatemala City

Guatemala City Travel Blog

So again I'll mention how Guatemala has started to feel like a second home. Upon arrival by about 12pm I knew the streets. I knew exactly what I was doing and where I was going.

Did my research before hand and realized I needed to book my bus for tomorrow to COPAN HONDURAS. Did that, and in the process met 2 really great people from Salt Lake City. A father and daughter duo. Craig and Anne. Chatted w/ them a bit on line and found out they were going to the same place at the same time and they were just down for a short period of time while taking advantage of Craig's wife's career as a rep for Delta(Free/Cheap flights). More on them later.

After I bought my ticket($35 and 4 hours) I headed straight  to the Comfort Hostel. They were so happy to see me again and it felt like I returned to my family in Guatemala again. They probly didnt expect to ever see me again. Ha! Im full of surprises. First thing I asked for... Mango juice. Fresh squeezed and cold.

Once again the internet wasnt working. The reason was kinda funny. Last time I was there they made adjustments so that the internet would work for me from my room. While I was gone they went ahead and improved on that for future guests. Only problem was that now mine didnt work again. So Again.... They went out of their way to figure it out and within 30 minutes I had internet back in my room.

The rest of the evening I spent trying to catchup on all the work I wasnt really able to do previously. I actually wanted to give John/Juan a call and see what he was up to, but couldnt because I had too much to do.

Also Alexandra came by later to show me the photos of her and Christian's trip to a beautiful lake nearby Antigua. Looked like a lot of fun.
john1112 says:
too bad u didnt called, i was all day at home, nothing to do
Posted on: May 07, 2008