Mind the Gap :o)
London Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
Mind the gap.
London â€“ one big melting pot. Millions of people. Tourists and newcomers. Everyone is welcome!
One March Sunday I was strolling around London. Equipped with my off-peak traveler card and the underground map I knew there were no limits :). North and South, East and West â€“ anywhere I desired the tube would take me.
This time I hanged out in Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia â€“ the centre of literature, art and studying. From the early 1900s this place was associated with the famous Bloomsbury group (joining together writers and poets such as Virginia Woolf, Dylan Thomas or T.S. Eliot). The Bloomsbury it is the seat of the British Museum, Universities and Campuses. The district is full of lovely, green squares and little parks. As they all look alike, no wonder we kept losing our way home ;)
But not to overdo with the intellectual atmosphere of Bloomsbury definitely got to Camden town. What a shock to the body and mind yet a great way to chill, do nothing and observe people.
Oh! And definitely go to Pret a Manger in The Russell Square Station around 9:00 am! What a great joy to watch these happy, easy-going but super fast team of barristos!! :) :) What a great way to start a day!
11:30 a.m. London, UK. Two men are idling outside a cafĂ© with studied nonchalance.
- I can see one of the suspects - The Swinging Hammer! She's sitting at the counter, checking her watch.
- What about the guy?
- Not here yet.
- Does she have the YOU-KNOW-WHAT?
- Well, Elliot, I don't know. I can't see from this distance!
- Deploy your 'mobile eye', you idiot! Why do you think the Agency equips you with so many expensive toys?!
- Oh! [excitedly, after a short while]. I can see Soft Butcher Harry! He's coming, he's coming!
- Shout louder, stupid! Not everyone could hear you!
- He's bought tea and is sitting next to the Swinging Hammer...yup, I can see them quite well...they're exchanging something!!
- The formula?!
- I CAN'T SEE!! The bloody mobile eye has misted up - it's the steam from his tea!
- 007, sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
- In a self-service cafĂ©!? Are you nuts!?!??!
- We HAVE TO get that formula, or they destroy the world! I DON'T WANNA DIE! I've just won the HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY award on the TravBuddy site and booked a trip to Thailand!
- Donald, wait! I'm sure they have the YOU-KNOW-WHAT! I can see now - the Soft Butcher is writing something! Must be the formula!
- She's writing something too! Must be the secret ingredients!! Can you get a close-up?
- [007, in a reverie] "I can see it already: 'Bond rescues the world', 'Top agent foils Armageddon'. Mmm...another house with a pool! This time bigger...a Palace...and Halle Berry...mmm..."
- 007!! 007!!!
- Congratulations, well done, you moron! You know what they're doing?!!
- WRITING POSTCARDS!!! Boy, I hope they paid you well for your last action film 'cos this one is down to you!