Big Bend's many adventures

Balmorhea Travel Blog

Hey peoples! For the past few days I did not have internet access, so I will do yestarday's blog right now. So we were in Big Bend, and we had to get up a hill with a 15% incline. it was very hard, but we made it!! Our genarator broke down, so we had no air conditioning, and it was 110 degrees! We got to go on top of the R.V. and look at the stars. (we also saw a satilite orbit 3 times!) we were tired since it was 10:00pm, so we decided to go to sleep. The next day it was 118 degrees, but we wanted to go on a hike to The Window, the most famous places in Texas, which is in Big Bend. Whell it was a LONG hike- 5.2 miles-and it was getting hotter and hotter. It felt realy good to get there, but I felt aweful on the way back up. Next time I would recommend that you go to bed at 7:00pm and wake up at 6:30. Other than that, I would totaly recommend you go there, just bring like a gallon of water per person on the hike.

PLEASE, PLEASE write a comment!! I want to know how you like my blog! :)

iloveposey says:
I could not live in 118 degree weather. I dont know how you did it.
Posted on: Jun 15, 2008
wiernicki says:
Hey Charles its Jack. Man 5.2 miles WOW!!! in 118 weather well it seems like you are haveing a great time . See you when you get back.
Posted on: Jun 09, 2008
N_loves_T says:
Hey buddy - I love hearing about your adventures - so keep up the good blogging.

You know the old expression, "stay cool" - well, when your in 118 degree heat, that expression takes on new meaning to be sure!

Stay cool!!