Day 1: Five Hours of Butt Torture

Makati City Travel Blog

waiting for our van

My day started after work (7AM). I went home to shower, change, and pack a couple of shirts for the trip. Our group rented a van for the long trip ahead of us. We wanted to be on our way as early as we could (we had to wait for those whose shift ends at 9:30AM) but unfortunately, the driver lost his way around Makati (the business district where we work), so we ended up leaving at 11AM.

So, it was a bright, sunny Saturday morning. We were all very excited to see Potipot Island of which we heard a lot of good feedback from other officemates who've been there before. But, in typical Manila fashion, we were stuck in what I always consider as the main reason why I hate Manila sometimes: TRAFFIC. Cars honking loudly, big buses trying to squeeze in between smaller vehicles as if the drivers can't wait to get to the toilet, trucks of all shapes and sizes spewing black smoke enough to put the infamous London smog to shame.
i love Jollibee!!!
All to make our trip gruelingly memorable. Or maybe we were just extra impatient that day after having worked the previous night through.

So, what's supposed to be less than an hour to get to the expressway turned out to be more than two hours. Unbelievable. Then, we had to stop by a super gas station (complete with Starbucks, several fast food joints, and a convenience store).  That day, Jollibee was having their opening day and so the mascot was moving around entertaining the kids and posing for pics. And who was I to resist? Of course I had to have my pic taken with Jollibee! Aside from that, we bought our food and went to the lounge because after that, we wouldn't be having any stop-overs anymore.

It was smooth-sailing after that. We passed by the provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, and Bataan before we got to Zambales.
my goodness, Kenneth!
Little did we know that the town of Candelaria where our resort for the weekend was located, was at the northernmost part of the province. We really didn't mind if not for the fact that we would be sitting inside the car for 5 hours. Butt torture indeed! However, the views along the road were very scenic in most places. We got to see sleepy towns, farms, and mountains meeting the sea. It reminded me of the times when I used to go with my grandma to her province to visit her relatives. It was such a long, long time ago. As a matter of fact, the last time I've seen and been to this part of the country, there were still dinosaurs roaming the area. Yes, it's been that long :D

Finally, after 5 hours of sitting, listenign to music, trying to sleep but can't, and asking for directions, we arrived at our destination: Isla Vista Resort.

JeAr says:
=D
Posted on: May 26, 2008
danny291 says:
JOLLIBEEEEEEEEEEEEE!crazy!
Posted on: May 26, 2008
JeAr says:
yeah, i heard they have one on the west coast. u guys should write a petition ;)
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008