From Australia to England...

London Travel Blog

Well after a long flight from Sydney, Australia I finally made it into England!

The birds eye view from the plane coming into Heathrow was absolutely beautiful! There were lights as far as  could see and it was absolutely beautiful!

I have now been in London for a 2 days and I love it! I;m missing the company of my friends and family (and my own bed) but i love the city itself. The train trip to my hostel was interesting....londoners can be very rude i soon discovered! I think one guy actually pushed me because i accidentally fell into him a bit on the train.

Apart from a few blunders everything has been fine....I went to the National Art Galler today and was there for nearly 7 hours! I went on a tour after wondering about a bit and then sat in on a lecture. The tours and the lectures were the best part, you can learn so much. Id suggest everybody to do the same if they can, they can point out bits and pieces that you didn't even see in the artworks its amazing! Especially if your interested in art, but that are still a bit naive about it, like myself.

I think the city (especially along the Thames River) looks similar to Paris (near the Siene) only Paris has a lot more arty bits and pieces, like sculptors or smaller things like even carved door handles!

I am about to go on a TopDeck Tour for the next 18 days so I will keep you updated!!

eirien says:
hahahah ... I also think Londoners can be very rude ;) hope u enjoy London!!! and ur trip!
Posted on: Mar 24, 2009
flammick says:
Sounds great. I totally agree with you about the Natioonal Gallery. I can spend hours in there. Sometimes it's nice to take a book and just sit and read in the leather chairs in the 18th Century Room.
Posted on: Mar 13, 2008