a delayed end
Province of Cavite Travel Blog› entry 9 of 9 › view all entries
What's worse than arriving in Bangkok at 3am is leaving Bangkok at 3am, I once again thank you Cebu Pacific for keeping up with the delayed flights. We had enough time to roam around the airport and bore ourselves to death. I was able to 'sleep' for a couple of minutes before boarding but it was awfully uncomfortable. Slept all through the flight back to Manila. Eka's parents picked her up and I begged to come along as no one in my family knows where I really went to. We went to her house first for breakfast and a close friend of ours from high school, Kathleen, dropped by to say hello and goodbye to me since I'm leaving the next day for Germany.
I took a tricycle to get home as it wasn't very far away.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this trip and here are some things I just want to say that I have learned and noticed about Thailand:
* The Thai people respect their king a lot.
* Traffic can go really bad in Bangkok and as a solution, they have motor bikes available for single commuters and you can also cruise down the river as another way to get to some places in the city.
* McDonald's spicy chicken here is seriously spicy.
* I noticed once that a driver bowed his head as we let him pass through, a sign of thank you which made me remember how it is the same in Japan.
* Bangkok is definitely safe, if we're talking about getting killed or kidnapped you don't have to worry about them much, really.
* They drive on the left lane.
And yeah, that's pretty much all I can remember. If I do get to remember more later, I'll just keep it to myself.