an amazing day spent well in a bus.. no not really

Aranyaphratet Travel Blog

that's not the door we use in our 5-starfish hostel room

Sleep wasn't good as I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very sweaty and hot and it didn't take me long to find out that my good friend who's traveling with me here has the fan all by herself. What a great challenge it was for me to get up and move the fan a bit while cursing to myself, 'Why oh why did I not choose a room with airconditioner just to save a couple of euros, holly molie #%%^^?!'.

We had to wake up pretty early to catch the bus that will take us back to Aranyaphratet, the border of Thailand to Cambodia, and we really did try our best to be early even against our minds' will just so we can be sure that we won't be left behind by the bus and be stuck in Siem Reap, which will be against every part of our body's will.

that might not be the security guy i was talking about before or i might have added too much flavor to my story on my previous blog
We bought our bus ticket in our hostel for 6$ as I remember but just the day before it was 5$, ahhh there's something fishy there! I didn't argue about that for my fear of being given a different bus ticket that will send me off to the other side of Cambodia. We were told that the bus will pick us up by our hostel and leave at 7:30.

So we were there just before 7:30 feeling very anxious to get going but many minutes have passed there was no bus.  7:45.. no bus. 8:00.. no bus. 8:20 no bus... 8:45 (NOTE:this is no exact time, pure make-belief) a guy from our hostel (who we probably shared our bathroom with) asked why we have such long faces and we told them about the bus, and then he said that the bus usually don't arrive until 9:30. 9:00.... no bus. We were so hungry already that I decided to go to the gas station first to grab some food and I made it very quickly JUST TO BE SURE even though Eka was there to wait for the bus.

where is our bus?

Almost 3 hours of waiting outside could've just been spent on more sleep x_______x" The bus finally arrived at around 9:30 but it didn't leave until past 10. The seats weren't comfortable at all so we couldn't sleep.  Some hours later we had a stop for toilet break at the same store where we also stopped by on our way to Siem Reap from the border to pee. We were there for a while and while waiting for the others to finish their business a girl came up and started talking to me. It was cool she could speak 'how are you' in german, just enough to humiliate my german knowledge. She asked for some euro coins that she could add for her coin collection but sadly I didn't have any. She was so nice to give me a handmade wristband or bracelet. When we were about to leave I remembered that I have some philippine coins stuck in my bag pockets but it was too late for me to give them to her because the bus started moving.

and suddenly i became camera shy
*cries in shame* waahhh huhuhu. OK enough.

The only thing, or things, that I enjoyed in this bus ride were the two hot surfer-boy looking sun-tanned english guys who were in the bus with us. And that's it. I didn't enjoy the fact that it took us more than 6 hours to get to the border making us miss the train (with the scenic view) from Aranyaphratet to Bangkok.  They even stopped by for lunch at some restaurant in the middle of nowhere where we ate some not so delicious lunch and where I also lost the bracelet the girl gave me because we had to rush back to the bus JUST TO BE SURE that we won't be left behind.

In Aranyaphratet, we took a tuktuk to the bus station and got on a bus to Bangkok, a much much more comfortable bus though I didn't like the toilet.

gasoline for keeps
Eka was wondering why it took me 10 minutes to pee so I had to tell here that I was stuck there not knowing how to unlock the door panicking ever so silently.

No matter how comfy it was I still didn't get any sleep. We arrived in Bangkok at 8pm feeling very hungry so we had some hotdogs in 7-Eleven. Took a taxi and went back to the place we stayed at in our first few days in Bangkok. We had our mangoes kept in the closet and oh dear, how bad the smell was when we opened it. Yep, we really didn't eat it!

Anyway, here are the couple of things I have notcied/learned/observed in Cambodia:

* The people are actually nice but is it maybe because they have to be nice to foreigners? But I don't mind. They can be really really helpful whether you need help or not.

i dunno who will hate me more for posting this, Eka or that guy (I hope he's not on TB)

* As I walk along the streets of Siem Reap, some stand by tuk-tuk drivers would call or tease me and they laugh at my face when I look at them. Ughhhh I thought that will only happen in the Philippines! I have no idea what they're talking about and what theyr'e saying to me, but really, what do they see in me that's sooo funny!  At least in the Philippines (the tricycle drivers I mean) I understand what they say, like 'hey gorgeous', 'sexy beast', and the most popular of all, 'hey miss you forgot to pay!!' and many other really annoying remarks. But when I don't understand what they say, like those Cambodian tuktuk drivers, I get really most annoyed! (NOTE: I may have a tiny bit exaggerrated with the 'hey gorgeous' and 'sexy beast' thing.)

* Away from the city, in front of their houses they have these digged-up pools where they take their baths.

ahhh we were quite bored
Water would come from rain as I would guess.

* They don't have many decent gas stations. They even sell gasoline in liters of some soda bottles or something.

* You can actually get used to bumpy roads, no matter if it is Cambodia or not, so do not worry about your arses anymore for that ride if you have to do it the 2nd time.

thats not the door we use in our …
that's not the door we use in our…
that might not be the security guy…
that might not be the security gu…
gasoline for keeps
i dunno who will hate me more for …
i dunno who will hate me more for…
ahhh we were quite bored
when are we getting off this bus?
when are we getting off this bus?
it wasnt delicious
it wasn't delicious
Eka showing off our bus ticket
Eka showing off our bus ticket
the door behind her is to our room
the door behind her is to our room
where are you going?
where are you going?
i didnt know about this picture
i didn't know about this picture
food?