Arrive Bucharest, Romania

Bucharest Travel Blog

We arrived in Bucharest right on time. And now it was time to meet the future in-laws. Will they like me? Will they approve of my upcoming marriage to their beautiful daughter? Stay tuned to find out! (seriously, I've spoken with them on the phone many times, and they are thrilled that I am coming to meet them!)

After some lengthy hugging and kisses, we loaded up the luggage in Emilia's father's Dacia and headed to their house. I got my first taste of Bucharest driving. WOW! I've been in some heavy and crazy traffic before, but nothing like this. I think the drivers made up the laws as they drove. I'm sure people become very accustomed to the way they drive here, but still a bit of a shock, even for a seasoned driver like myself.

At the house, I was given a quick tour and then took a short shower and sat down to get to know Emilia's parents better. Lots of translating as they do not speak English and my Romanian is limited to proposing marriage!

Emilia and I went to bed early, it has been a long trip and we have lots planned in the days ahead!
emcaroline221 says:
I'm going to meet my boyfriend's family in Brasov -- what was it like?
Posted on: Aug 11, 2007
prism_lace says:
I think the one thing you will not have a problem with is Romanian hospitality. Prepare to eat a lot of food, and a full 24-hour reception ;) Reminds me so much of my wedding back in 2000!! Granted, we're not together anymore... BUT so many fond, FOND memories of Romania. La multi ani!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2007