Prague

Prague Travel Blog

Sharing an apartment with two other Americans.  Another gorgeous city... one I could really fall in love with.  Looks a bit like Krakow and appears perfectly preserved through the layers of history right back to medivel times.  I especially enjoyed Wenslas Square (with the clock) and the Charles bridge.  Amazing Castle too.  About 3 days here before moving on.

At the soviet designed train station I rested for a few hours before departing the city, and fell asleep for just a few minutes.  Always a very light sleeper my whole life, I've learned on this journey how to catch some Z's in sometimes the most agonizing positions and in the most noisy brightly lit places.   When I woke up, one of the three sacks I had with me was missing, litterlly snatched from under my nose.  Some clothes and nothing important except all my rolls of film of the Ukraine, Poland, Berlin, and Prague.  I'm especially depressed because this is the second batch of film that has been lost (stolen) during my journey.  At least I still have the sturdy, heavy Russian Zenit camera that I bought at GUM department store (for about $10).  It's not a bad camera and in fact I've taken some amazing photos with it over the years, but it is very basic, with only an F-stop and manual winder.  Built like a tank too.  I'm not in a great mood as I make my way to Bratislava, a capital city of less than two months.

Prague