Time to go home...

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

Goodbye snow and rain

We took the train from Bordesholm to Hamburg to Stuttgart the day after our fossil adventure.  It was relaxing for us.  We shared a table with two little girls heading home from Holiday with Oma and Opa.  They were well behaved and even offered us some of their cookies.  They were so cute!  When the younger one finally realized we don't really speak German, she started practicing her English.  She would say quietly to her sister, "Hello I am from England.  I speak English."  It was so cute.  We didn't tell her we weren't from England.  I think their grandparents were happy to see them share a table with two young women (as opposed to two scary old men).  We helped them lift their luggage into the overhead racks and then sat facing eachother trying not to stare at eachother during the 4 hour train ride.

The rest of the day was spent re-packing (how to fit in all those sweets I'm taking home?) and then we watched Harry Potter auf Deutsch with English subtitles.  We went to bed early because we had to catch an early train to catch our early flight.  But we made it without any problems and all too soon we were on our way home.  :(  Good bye Germany, we'll miss you.

Almost back to the states :(