Curacao Travel Blog

Getting drunk with milkshake

Back in Curaçao where everything was so damned expensive i found a hotel for $50 which was the average, anyway for a night i´ll be fine. As i had enough of relaxing on beaches i wanted to do something that i can only do in this place. Somehow i got to the Acquarium and then i was challenged to swim with Dolphins!!!... i´ve never done that and i´m not that good for swimming so it sounded a bit scary at the beggining besides of being close to those big new friends, so first i went to take a look and decided to do it. At that time the experience costed like $160 for about half an hour inside the natural swimmingpool of the Dolphins and play with them.

The instructor told us how we should clap to call the dolphins, it was soooo exciting! at a time i was able to hang from the dolphin´s fin and she brought me a couple of meters away, they were so lovely.

Then i watched how the staff fed them and i was wondering if those mammals would be happy doing that job.

At the store they showed me a couple of random pictures they took while i was on the water and they were so nice and they put it on a frame, each one was $10, so a good souvenir because with each one you also get another artistic picture of the dolphins for free.

Stigen says:
I m planning to do this sort of island jumping myself when i can save enough money...
Posted on: Aug 10, 2010
lvdp says:
Hope to have the same great experience. :-)
Lex.