Two Weeks

Seoul Travel Blog

Well, more than two weeks has gone by since I arrived in Seoul and I am still confused as to what it is I am doing here. I like the fact that I am far away from the familiar, but I think I have taken on too much. I have enrolled in Korean classes 3 days a week, and I have already learned how to read and write Hanguel. I am soooo impatient though, I want to speak Korean NOW!! This language is so difficult because you have to forget everything that makes sense when it comes to speaking. The rules of Korean are so different!

Work started and I don't know how I feel about it. The job is very restricted, and teachers are expected to follow the curriculum set forth by the organization. There is little room for your own creativity and it is fast becoming boring. In addition to that I don't know if the teachers I work with are very friendly. So far I haven't been asked to any of the group outings, and they talk about them right in front of me. Sounds rude, right?  I guess thats Americans though. Haha, no offense to any reading this blog.

I have done some travelling in Seoul and its a very interesting city!! There is alot that I can learn here, but I am not so sure how open I am to it now. I am fast becoming bitter towards everything about my surroundings. Hopefully I will be able to pull myself out of this slump.

Stay tuned!!

sparky76 says:
i am sure you'll be fine in seoul...big hugs
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008