Walking NYC

New York Travel Blog

Today was a great day outside.  A perfect spring day, cool breeze in New York.  Everyone was out today.  I really got a sense of how many people live in Manhatten, and how they lived. People that live there do not venture out when it rains or when the weather is bad, only the tourist.  SO when good weather broke in, I had to walk a ways in teh city.  I Loved it.  I took the legendary train  from Newark, NJ to Penn stations where I hopped on the MEtro and went to Washington Park and SOHO.  I did some exploring and stopped in a shop for a little espresso.  Then found a pizza place for dinner.  Then off to more walking.  I walked all around NYU campus.  That is such a neat place.

I took the long ride up to Central Park where I walked across near the big fountain.  I stopped and looked at the people that were excersing up and down the stairs.  I thought to myself I needed to get in shape.   I finished my walk across central park and walked to the nearest Metro station to get back to Penn Station to get back to Newark where I was staying until the enxt day I return home.

New York