Deating San Miguel Beer

Manila Travel Blog

I was inside the train when my mobile phone beeped. It was a message from Ted saying he was already in our meeting place. Wow, he was early... to think that I only harassed him to join me and Deats for the planned "all boys night out" ( that's why Jenneth DID NOT join us =D ).

The schedule was to pick Deats up from Friendly's but we we're kinda' early that Deats was just having his dinner in a resto nearby, but it didn't take him long to finish his friend chicken and French Fries. By 930, we were already heading for Mall of Asia.

Kuya Ted is a MOA person so he had the word as to which bar we should go to. We ended up at Pier 1 which I think was Kuya Ted's favorite bar. We finished some buckets of San Mig Light whish is for sure Deats' favorite Southeast Asian beer!

Our conversations went on about our travel experiences, but Deats' stories was so interesting. He's been away from home for about 21 months already while doing his 2nd world tour! Wow! It made me want to read his blogs right there and then. He also told us about some TBs he met while traveling but my most favorite part was how he met Julia (whose name while being mentioned gives Deats a smile). Also how he found out about Travbuddy. Eric was the one who invited him. Need I say more? =D

He was so informative that it even came to a point when he was the one persuading us to go to Donsol to do whale-watching. This is such a shame-- Two Filipinos being lectured by an English man about a Philippine destination we should know! Well, he was successfull! Kuya Ted and I now want to go nowhere else but Donsol!

The conversation was so entertaining that we didn't notice we were the last people left in Pier One. We left the bar at 230AM and dropped Deats off at Friendly's. It was indeed one great night with fellow travbuddies!

X's

Thanks for a very heartwarming vouch, my friend! ;-)

portia says:
very nice! I wanted to go whale shark watching too after reading his first encounter with them.
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
Deats says:
Shes now a member ;) mybu84 i think is her user :)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008