A Day with the Crocs

Manila Travel Blog

Deats posing with a baby croc

Today, i have arranged a meet up with one famous TB who is currently on his world tour, and has managed to include a one week stopover in the Philippines before going to Taipei. If you look at the most active travbuddies, he's ranked 5th (at least by the time I am writing this) and the owner of second most popular blog in this website. Yes, Deats!

I had to work in the morning, and attend an emergency meeting so I was late by a few minutes for our set meeting time. Good thing our meeting place Robinson's Mall is not really far from my office. It was so great to have finally Deats in person.

There are 50 crocs in here

We had lunch at Dencio's Grill where I introduced Deats to two Filipino dishes--- Pork Sisig and Pusit A La Pobre. Deats told me one of the many things he likes about my country is the food because Filipino style is very much similar to his taste. Actually, both of us are not really fans of spicy foods. I told Deats I will tag him along with me to The Davao Crocodile Farm Road show in CCP Complex as I've got these two complimentary tickets. And so after lunch, we dropped by Friendly's Hostel to get his camera, and we were off for some croc show.

The pictures will tell further what we saw at the farm, but as expected, there were crocs and snakes, and some other animals. There was also a mini show where a man literally walked on a rope while some hungry crocodiles wait for a prey underneath. That was actually one of the highlights.

Aside from these things, the farm road show has nothing much to offer; but I appreciated the fact that they brought these animals in Manila and we didn’t have to travel anymore to Davao which is one of the south most part of the Philippines to see these animals.

It was pretty obvious that Deats likes animals as I saw him played with the monkey, had some shots with the pythons and a baby croc. At least, this assured me that my visitor had a nice time in the farm as much as I did.

We stayed there for more than an hour and agreed to meet again in the evening to accomplish the only definite plan we had when we were talking about this meet up--- a date with SAN MIGUEL BEER! =D

the_bloodsucker says:
i totally agree with you, portia! and that's a great idea. hmmm.. you be the moderator? =D
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
portia says:
Hey we could have a club of travbuddies who have met Deats! Isn't he a great guy? We know what the others are missing.
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
glennisnz says:
How nice you got to meet up with a TB member and enjoyed your time together, showing off the best of your area.
Posted on: Mar 18, 2008
There are 50 crocs in here
Its all bout the balloon
It's all bout the balloon
Philippine Eagle
Philippine Eagle
Deats braving the gian python
Deats braving the gian python
Whos who? LOL
Who's who? LOL
Stop playing with her, Deats. Its…
Stop playing with her, Deats. It'…
Dont invade my territory
Dont move
Don't move
Look there
Look there
Dont get her matress, Deats!
Don't get her matress, Deats!