Supporting Yfriday - finally!

Penrith Travel Blog

Supporting Yfriday
...so I've been trying to support this band www.yfriday.co.uk for an age. They are great guys and we played at the same event a few times when I was in my old band but it's been hard to work things out with my new band.

Anyway, thursday night I got a call from then saying could I just play an acoustic slot friday night in Penrith (about 100miles away) as support to them.

I said yes.

...(and rearranged everything afterward!)

So, friday came, finished work later than I expected and left liverpool at 5.30 and proceeded to drive the 100 miles up to Penrith during rush hour on the M6 - one of the busiest motorways in the country.

I'd made it about 35 miles after an hour and I was sweating it - I was due on stage in an hour! Thankfully the traffic broke around Lancaster and at about the same time I entered the Lake District the roads where clear and i floored it!!!

In some ways it was a shame as I basically went at light speed not taking any of the amazing scenery the Lakes have to offer. Anyway I got to the lovely quaint town of Penrith just in time and turned up at the rather impressive methodist church they were playing at and set up.

The gig was great - about 150-200 people in the beautiful church hall which had all sorts of moody lighting set up for the event and the sound was great. I did a few tracks from the album No Clouds and a couplle of new ones to try them out and it all went down very well.

After me came the mighty Yfriday doing there thing and the event was a total success. Met loads of people, sold a few CD's and got to hang out with the crew.

All good.

Drive was in the dark sadly so belted back home again and in bed by midnight after some curry and chips! - perfect
Penrith