Summer Madness

Belfast Travel Blog

very appreciative crowd!
Summer Madness is a yearly event run by a Christian organisation called Exodus to serve Irelands youth and give them a Soul Survivor-like experience.

I first sent a demo in to Summer Madness about 8 years ago in my old band. Did try 2 more times over the years but never got a chance to go over. However, this year I tried with my new solo material and got a call to go over and support one of the most well known bands in Ireland - Bluetree.

yay for the new songs!

Been practising hard over the last month or so with the new bass and drummer and after a solid warm up gig in Bradford as part of Hope 08 I felt that we had made the transition from Singer / songwriter with muso mates - to a BAND.

So our new band got the last plane over to Belfast from Liverpool on friday night, sound checked the moment we got there and went on stage an hour later

and nailed it!!!

the songs sounded fresh after their rearrangement to lose backing track and feel more indie and we had an amazing response from the crowd who'd never heard us and where, frankly, waiting for Blue Tree to come on stage.

We finished pumped, loving it and got loads of good feedback from organisers so hopefully we'll be making our way back to the emerald isle by the end of the year.

very appreciative crowd!
blue tree headlined. awesome guys …
blue tree headlined. awesome guys…
photo by: vulindlela