Relaxing in Ubud and a Sunset Tour

Ubud Travel Blog

Exploring the rice fields right behind Ananda Cottages. We didn't spend long exploring when we discovered there were heaps of huge spiders living amongst the rice:S
We woke up at Ananda this morning and it was beautiful! I had the Indonesian breakfast with nasi goreng and fresh fruit. After breakfast we headed to Bliss spa for a 1hr massage which was the best I have had! The spa complex was set amongst rice fields and was so relaxing. We got complimentary ginger and honey drinks and I choose sandalwood as my massage oil. The lady giving me a massage laughed at me a few times because I kept flinching - I'm not great at massages. I thoroughly enjoyed it however.

We then headed to Ubud village where we ate lunch at cafe Lotus. I had a selection of Balinese snacks which was kind of like tapas, yum!

We spent the afternoon on a "Sunset Tour" which included a scenic rice terrace, a temple, a monkey forest and Tanah Lot temple where we watched the sunset on the beach - very nice.

That night I ate an awesome beef rendang at Indus Restaurant  and Megan and I danced to the local band playing Latin music  - they were excellent!

So far the trip is going smoothly, Megan and I are getting along well!

Selamat Tidur!
Exploring the rice fields right be…
Exploring the rice fields right b…
Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple
Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple
Lotus Pond Garden at Lotus Cafe
Lotus Pond Garden at Lotus Cafe
Pretty rice terrace.
Pretty rice terrace.
At a temple (cant remember name)
At a temple (can't remember name)
Ubud