More massages and a duck feast!

Ubud Travel Blog

Enjoying our duck feast!
Today we checked out of Ananda:( But not before we spent a few hours in the pool which was brilliant.

We arrived at our new accommodation on Monkey Forest Road - a homestay called Puri Muwa. We headed to the net cafe where I got really frustrated because none of the computers would work for me. This was followed by more frustration when it took me half an hour to figure out how to make calls on my new simcard. By the time we stopped for drinks I was in a crap mood and was taking it out on Megan (who was also annoying me) Anyways, the only possible solution was to book ourselves in for spa treatments at Bliss Spa again. I had a massage, lulur body scrub and a spice bath. It was seriously the most amazing thing ever. It was kinda weird being fully naked in front of some strange lady though.
Our new home - Puri Muwa
My skin feels so soft now! Megan got a fruit facial and a pedicure.

After being pampered we returned once again to Indus Restaurant for our Balinese smoked duck. We had to pre order it the night before as it had been smoked underground for 12 hours wrapped in banana leaves for us. It was a seriously tasty duck! It was pretty hard to carve up and Megan found it's lungs and Kidneys. The meal came with sides which we barely touched as we were so full. There were also cocktails made with rice wine which were interesting.

There was no one shouting "transport?" at us when we left the restaurant so we decided to walk. I was kind of creepy and street dogs were barking at up. We took up an offer of transport in front of a hotel along the way and for some reason agreed to go via scooter (the two of us on the same scooter). It was scary but fun, luckily we were only going 5 minutes down the road.

Back at the homestay we spent 15 minutes trying to work out how to make the toilet and shower water stop running as well as constructing mosquito nets over our bed. The mattress does not feel comfortable but I just might be too tired to notice! And for $10 a night who is complaining? :)
travelman727 says: