Milas is gone! We drowned our sorrows with Bintang:(

Yogyakarta Travel Blog

Too much Bintang

Fi and Doogs are here!! They arrived this morning while Megan and I were eating breakfast. I was so excited I squealed, I’m not sure why. How embarrassing.

We went to Via Via Café for some food and to book some tours. I had fried tempe, yum.

After eating he headed to Malioboro Mal and shopped at Matahari (big department store). I bought heaps of shoes that are actually small enough to fit me!

Later that evening we were crushed to discover that Milas (our favorite restaurant in the world) was no longer where is used to be! We were so depressed �" our trip to Yogya would never be complete! We caught a Becak back to Jalan Prawirotaman and ate at Deja Vu Café instead.

While we were eating our very chewy beef rending, a huge busload of tourists on a trip from London to Sydney rocked up at the hostel next door. We chatted to two guys called Scooby and Gordon and all drank way too much bintang. We left several hours later quite intoxicated. I am trying to drink electrolytes not as we have a tour at 7am tomorrow morning!

pax says:
Milas is back!
Relocated in Prawirotaman - Jl. Prawirotaman IV, a nice peaceful garden with bamboo huts. Nice people, good food.
Posted on: Jan 29, 2009