DAY 8. 5:31 PM (EST)

Tortuguero Travel Blog

Starting this entry early because I got to pack my jungle clothes along with the book, covered in mosquito bites and insect repellant, it's really quite interesting to know where we went. First off, we missed the 5:30 AM expedition to downtown Tortuguero... so all of the family woke up around 8 AM, and ate breakfast half an hour later. The next expedition was around 10 AM, so I just fooled around with the board games. Played Scrabble and a few games of chess with the bro. Then it started to rain heavily during the boat trip, so things were really messy along the way. The first stop was the turtle museum, where a brief history of the sea turtle was given, and a 15 minute video was shown. Then we went back to the coast of the Caribbean where we walked last night. Despite the heavy rain, it looked really messy. To take cover, we walked another half a mile in the heavy rain to a gift shop located in the town. Interesting stuff. Around 12:30, we had lunch, and then came back to our rooms to rest up for the next tour, which was a jungle safari in the murky waters, of course we used a boat, but the point was to scout out the different types of animal life out there, saw iguanas, caimans, turtles, monkeys, vultures, etc. So much out there, and we also went into this wildlife refuge that contained most of the creatures that we saw. Now here I am, gazing into the sunset, and pondering about our official last day here. Tonight is the farewell party for the Tauck Bridges tour, and it starts in 5 minutes. Be back in San Jose in approximately 21 hours.

photo by: mrgishi