Finding a room in Cape Town

Cape Town Travel Blog

Our back porch in the cheap condo.

As we returned to Cape Town that night we were ready to try our luck out at one of the Hostels.  I have never stayed in one, yet I have heard they are the way to keep things on the cheap and meet new people.  We showed up a night early before our reservations began and as they were trying to fit us in one of the workers suggested trying a condo a few minutes down the street.  He knew it was the off season so we might find a good deal.  So we packed up and left the hostel where we were about ready to pay $10 a night per person.  I don't know how you could get better than that but we would check it out.  We reached this condo, which happened to be on the Atlantic Ocean, found a place to park and talked to the worker.

Tabletop Mountain in Cape Town
  Turns out during the off season they would give us a room for $28 a night.  And after we broke things down we would be paying $7 a person.  I guess we could find a better deal than the hostel and this one with ocean waves splashing against rocks right outside our padio door.

The next morning from our nice condo we decided to keep things local and go for a hike up Tabletop Mountain.  Only took about 2 hours to get up, and we were able to enjoy the view and the accomplishment.  (for any mountain climbers out there this would not be an accomplishment but it was better than taking the gondolas to the top)  But were were tired enough to ride the gondolas down rather than hike back down the trail.

overlooking Cape Town from the hike