The 3rd Manila TB Meetup

Quezon City Travel Blog

Yes, this is Manila TBs 3rd meetup already! And yes, we have done it monthly (first two were Jan. 3 and Feb 7)!!

This was not actually planned, nor scheduled to be done regularly. Let's just say we Filipinos are so hospitable that we are all willing to partake in a group date where we will be in full force to welcome our “guests” (by our definition, guests are people we met through TB who visit our side of the planet =D). And this can also be a perfect venue to meet fellow Manila-based Tbs who just joined in.

And so when Shaun, sisters Racquel and Rowena, and Wouternet were all set to come to Manila, Jen organized the whole thing through a meetup forum, private messages and public comments (I used to do this part for the first two meetups but this time, my only participation is suggest the venue for the gathering, thanks for the understanding Jen).

The 3rd Manila TB Meetup at Krocodile Grill, Trinoma.

March 6 came, the day of the meetup. We are bound to meet at 8PM in Krocodile Grill, Trinoma. I arrived kinda late but It was with great delightment to meet these old and new pals:

MANILA TBs

Wouternet

Brenda

Racquel

Bellarina

We all shared a BIG dinner, of course with filipino dishes as the main entries. In fact when I arrived, I was surprised to see how many food Jenneth has ordered! Man, it looked like there's no more eating tomorrow! If I can recall everything, we had Crispy Pata, Sisig, Pasta a la Alligue, Sinigang, Corn Soup, Pinakbet, Grilled Chicken, Garlic Chicken... hmmm.. what else? I am pretty sure with everything that I have just enumerated, I am forgetting some more. Oh, there was also bottomless iced tea (which is usually my main requirement for a resto), and VANILLA ICE CREAM for dessert! It was indeed more than just a complete meal!

After the dinner, we had the usual pictorial in front of Krocodile Grill. We posed like real-life models as at least 10 cameras had to be used. Our favorite part--- the CLASS PICTURE! The hardest part of a meetup really is when you have to say goodbye and call it a night. Believe me, we spent another hour of last-minute conversations before we left the place that has become a part of manila TBs meetup history. =D

cax says:
Hey looks like you guys have had fun....hope there's gonna be a meetup when I arrive in Manila in May :)
ys484 says:
congrats! monthly meetup...wow!
abubu says:
wow pityurd!
Posted on: Mar 12, 2008
The 3rd Manila TB Meetup at Kroco…