Shopping

Nassau Travel Blog

Port at Nassau.

The first night I attended a presentation regarding shopping in Nassau.  I also purchased the Port Shopping Excursion for $25.  You receive a map of recommended shops, coupons, and free items.  They totally reeled me in with an offer of a free dimond charm bracelet and loose gems.  DON'T FALL for this you you never intended to go shopping!  The free jewelry is ugly!  Especially in comparision to all the beautiful sparkles.  None the less, I am a mere woman, I came out with a pendant and watch for myself and a pendant for my son.  His first gold cross so he loves his bling!

We also went to the Straw Market, which is totally claustrophobic.  Most of the vendors hawk the same fake overpriced purses.

The closest we came to the culture.
  Have nerves of steel and keep calm.  They totally employ guilt techniques.  I especially didn't like it when I'd passed up a vendor then they would try to talk my son into buying their items.  I get that they just need money but I found it totally inappropriate.  We didn't really explore the island so the closest we got to the culture is the guy in the vid.

Anyway my son was totally not interested in the island and wanted to get back to the ship.  So we swam at Goofy's pool then we headed to see one of the stage shows, the Golden Mickeys.  I was expecting it to be cheesey and wasn't sure if my son would like it but he did.  I forgot how great the Disney songs were.

It was dress up night and surprisingly a lot of people didn't dress up.  Many just wore, what I would call cruise casual, some still wore jeans.  I actually felt overdressed.  But still dress up even though  others don't.  We ate at Parrot's Cay, the Carribean chicken gave me heartburn.  Getting old kinda sucks.

One of the activities posted was "Single Mingle".  There were two meetings and I dropped by but there was no one there.  So either we single parents are so not social, too afraid to leave our children for any length of time, or just plain boring.  Or I just might have been the only single on the entire ship.  Okay...the pity party has passed.

I love dressing up.