Disney's private isle

Castaway Cay Travel Blog

Flying Dutchman is so small.

We went on the glass bottom boat tour which my son rated "very good" but not excellent due to not seeing much.  We fed the fishes some oatmeal but other than that it was no big whoop.  The tour guide was friendly and extremely knowledgable.

The beach was beautiful!  Very clean and had the best sand.  The water was cold and saltier than Waikiki but there wasn't any seaweed like California beaches.  The majority of the hammoks are to the left of family beach if you are facing the water.  These are places that fill up first thing in the morning.

The BBQ buffet was great.  The ribs are sooo good!  (I love food!).  The characters also come out and dance with the kids which was fun.  I'm going to be sad when my son decides he's too old for that kind of thing.

Pirate night was pretty fun.
  The island also has the Flying Dutchman from the Pirates movie.  You can't go on it but you can take a pic with someone dressed up as Jack Sparrow.  That was the only character my son was willing to take a pic with but he didn't want to wait in line.  I honestly wouldn't want to spend any time waiting in line for that unless your child really wants it.

Back on board we had pirate night.  Which of course is directed at selling disney's pirate stuff.  But the stuff was really cute, even I wanted to by some for myself.  Oh the night of pirate night a lot of the stuff went on sale so wait to buy.  We ate at Parrot's Cay again but the menu was changed for the theme.  The kid's menu is the same throughout the trip but I found out they are allowed to order from the adult menu.  The deck party had another stage show.  I toally thought my son was not into the whole character thing but at a point he was all, "but where's Mickey?"  It was cute.

The ship has two theaters.  One inside and one outside with the Goofy pool.  My son totally loved that he could swim and watch tv at the same time.  His 2 fav things to do.  We watched the Pirates movie outside.  Do bring a pillow and blanket, it gets cold.

bkretzer says:
We loved the food, too. Beautiful weather! Much better, than December in Colorado.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2008