A more eco-friendly holiday spot, we hope.

Dalyan Travel Blog

Boat trip official paperwork.
DAY THREE of the Beaches & Ruins Road Trip: DALYAN.

I am going to cheat here and recount what FODOR’S say about Dalyan, because it is what drew us here:

Dalyan is a lovely little place for a three-day break, especially for those who prefer a quiet vacation in an environment that’s been developed in a way that is sensitive to natural surroundings and the native flora and fauna….

Sounds like a welcome contrast to Pamukkale. Pamukkale is the opposite of eco-tourism.

We checked into our hotel, got settled in, and then Lisa and I went into town to book a boat trip for tomorrow. What looked to be hundreds of boats were lined up on the riverside, and when we stopped to look at a tour map on an operator’s sign, we were immediately approached.
‘Boat trip?” Why, yes!

We ended up booking a private boat for tomorrow that will take us to see both fresh water and sea turtles, and it will also bring us to the village’s ruins, called Kaunos. The cost is 100YTL. Happy to have our errand done so quickly, we strolled through town (lots of cafes and shops catering to tourists), did some window shopping, then stopped for delicious icy beers at a riverside restaurant. It was lovely, but really hot as we seemed to be sheltered from any sort of breeze.

In the evening we enjoyed the hotel’s excellent dinner buffet, which was served at linen-covered tables set around the pool area. It was beautiful, and everything was so fresh, plus there were many vegetarian options. Perfect. Dinner was included with the cost of the room (which was very reasonable).

I am tired from our day, and hope I will be able to sleep tonight…I am so excited to see the turtles tomorrow it may be an issue!

Happy hour in town.
Lisas room at Dalyan Resort.
Lisa's room at Dalyan Resort.
Poolside tables at Dalyan Resort.
Poolside tables at Dalyan Resort.
Fresh salads bring big smiles.
Fresh salads bring big smiles.
Poolside dinner.