On to Turkey!

Konya Travel Blog

Turkish Airlines puts a tray in between two Coach seats and calls it Business Class.
This long day was spent pretty uneventfully, just getting from Point A (Tel Aviv) to Point B (Konya, Turkey), with a layover in Istanbul. It was a long day and nothing I really care to remember, so this will be my one and only SHORT blog!

We finally landed in Konya, Turkey at 9pm. Picking up our rental car posed some problems, as the EuropCar guy did not speak English and could not understand that I had prepaid. My confirmation letter was all in English, too, and he was like, “What the hell is this?”  So he got his co-worker on the phone who “speaks English,” but he didn’t understand what I was saying either. Finally we somehow got it settled. When we walked out of the airport to get the car, and there was a driver waiting for us, holding a sign with my name! Turns out the hotel had sent a taxi, even though I had said we would be renting the car. Since it was late, it was dark, and EuropCar could not even give us a good map, we were VERY happy to have a driver to follow into the town and directly to our hotel. I think that saved a whole bunch of drama.

Hotel Rumi seemed like one of the better options in Konya. It was pretty cheap ($110/night), and is really clean and cute. Unfortunately, our room smells like mothballs, but we will not be here for long…tomorrow we are off on the start of our Cappadoccia Road Trip!

lrecht says:
We were in Turkey in 2005 with a friend of ours from there and had a great time, you will love it there! One of these days, I will write up that trip on TB.

Happy Fourth of July :-D
Posted on: Jul 02, 2008
Turkish Airlines puts a tray in be…
Turkish Airlines puts a tray in b…
Our room at Hotel Rumi.