Too much time on my hands?!

Prague Travel Blog

Our flight out of Dubrovnik was scheduled for late in the evening, which gave us way too much time to kill today. We’ve thoroughly visited the area during our six days here and we just wanted to get on to Prague!

We had to check out at noon, then we walked to Cavtat to kill some time. We went the long way round to the town, along the waterfront, which is a beautiful walk. The trees are gnarled, windswept, over-laden with pinecones... very picturesque. The water is unfathomably clear and blue. It would be quite inviting if you didn’t have to walk down a small cliff and across huge jagged rocks to get to it! Along the way, we saw people randomly perched on rocks here and there, trying to get comfortable (but failing, I’m sure) while catching some rays.

After lunch (a really good pizza and salads again), we strolled a few doors down to have ice cream for dessert. Our options in Cavtat exhausted, we then decided to take a drive. There was little traffic for once so this was a pleasant use of our time. We just turned around at the Montenegro border rather than dig out our passports. Ok, enough. Let’s just go to the airport. 5 hours early. Ugh.

The airport was infested with ill-behaved children -- running here and there, screaming, crying. The parents rewarded them for this behavior with sugary snacks and drinks… Kid Amphetamines! Nice. Oh, it was fun. To top it off, our flight ran about 40 minutes late.

We finally landed in Prague at 10:45pm, met our driver, and went into the city. Our apartment is in a great location in Old Town, spacious and completely “Ikea’d.”  It will be fantastic! I’ve wanted to come here for so long but it never quite worked out. Now that it has, I am so excited to go out and explore! But we will save that for tomorrow, and the next five days that we will be here. Of course I am already worried that we didn’t plan enough time here…

cmgervais says:
Hey Narisa,

That entry is od, sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't, depending on how you go about getting to it. Trying linking directly through here:
Posted on: Aug 25, 2008
narisa says:
Hi Charlene! I can't believe you haven't made it to Prague yet out of all your travels! Enjoy your stay! What happened to the Montenegro entry btw? I was trying to read it, but it said that the entry wasn't there anymore?
Posted on: Aug 25, 2008