Blog, blog, blog.
(Wow, what a mess our room has become!)
Kind of early in the trip for this, but I am experiencing a little "blog burnout." Today I vow not to ramble. This will be a short one. Really. In fact, I am even going to do bullet points.
- MORNING: up at 6:45 and parked myself at the computer. Blog, blog, blog. It's like a job! :^) Steve focused on his obsession: tryng to download free TV from the US. There is some block on doing this, so he is VPN-ing this and hacking that, but to no avail.
- MID MORNING BREAK: Walked through Osaka, maybe for the last time as we leave tomorrow. Feel oddly sentimental , though it's been our "home" for only two weeks. Steve stopped at a music store, lonely for his mandolin.
I went to Daimura department store -- Prada! Channel! Ferragamo! I escaped with my pocketbook unscathed.
Shoes as far as the eye can see...Daimura department store.
- Then I went to underground shopping area Namba Walk to find a manicure. I thought I was getting a great deal at $10, but it ended up being a polish change, not a manicure. The ladies all around me had long acrylic nails covered in glitter and sequins.. I felt slightly underdressed in pale pink. The lady next to me was undergoing Glitter Removal Operations, a complex procedure involving... WHOOPS! There I go with too much detail again. Move along, Charlene.
- AFTERNOON: Back to the room at 2 for a late lunch (finished off our broccoli supply), then back to the computer for more writing.
- 4 PM : To the Indian Consulate to pick up the passports and our shiny new visas. Despite my fears, it was all ready for us and went without a hitch. On the way back we found a new wine/sake shop and stopped in. There's a sake I have been searching for called Nigiri Zake - score! We got two small bottles. Unfortunately we can't take it with us...
- Back to the computer.
- EVENING: Round Two at Fugetsu for our last Okonomiyaki. Yum!
*Come to think of it, I don't think I heard one peron here use the word "Sayonara," ever. Why is that?