Dinner on the mountain.

Sirince Travel Blog

Spinach and more spinach for dinner.
We made the drive from Selcuk to Sirinçe in about 20 minutes, almost all up hill. Sirinçe is a cute little village full of small shops and fruit vendors (it’s peach season!). We bought peaches and Lisa and I also bought some olive oil soap. With its winding cobblestone streets, it reminded me a small Tuscan town. A little touristy, but very cute.

Our dinner was at Artemis, which was the best looking of the town’s offerings and was also recommended by Fodor’s. The setting was beautiful, with a mountain scene off to the side, so it was odd that the outdoor tables were situated to overlook the parking lot. Lisa and I shared two “local vegetable” dishes, which were both spinach and seemed identical. Steve had a meat dish served in a nice fresh tomato sauce and a glass of the local peach wine (VERY sweet and reminiscent of Boone’s Farm!). We all shared a small salad, which they tried to charge us 18YTL for, then they amended to be 10YTL. The meal came to 60 YTL with tip.

Sirince was a worthy side trip from Selcuk. I think it would make a good base for seeing the area if you have a car. (I understand there are buses that go up there too).

OK this winds up the day. Because of the road trip and needing to make separate entries for each town, I have four entries for one day! Not sure this is working out, but I will keep trying. I like it when my TB map is accurate :^)

skippyed says:
Sounds like a cute place, I might add it to my itinerary.. great blog by the way, your trip is helping me plan mine :-)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2010
Spinach and more spinach for dinne…
Spinach and more spinach for dinn…
Artemis restaurant in Sirince.
Artemis restaurant in Sirince.
View from the terrace at Artemis.
View from the terrace at Artemis.
photo by: joseph98