My $6.50 haircut.
Phuket Travel Blog› entry 57 of 251 › view all entries
May 8th, 2008 – by: cmgervais
- Swapped the Vomit Car for a less odiferous Honda Jazz. The car guy wasnâ€™t wearing his gun or uniform today. I guess he swapped it for some more stylish khaki shorts. He looked infinitely more comfortable, but still sooooo stern and scaryâ€¦
- Got a haircut at one of those shops that specialize in massage/scooter rental/tour bookings/ haircut. Just went into the first one I saw! The stylist thought my hair was funnyâ€¦she would push it straight up on my head and it would stick that way, which made her laugh and laugh. She said I have â€śmodern hair.â€ť Only 200 baht, what a deal!
- Sat on the balcony to enjoy the bright sunny day.
- Delicious lunch at our favorite place, 44 Thai Kitchen. Love the Thai green papaya salad. Watched the monsoon rains come in towards us over the water, then got hit by the downpour.
- Finally found a travel agent to help with the complex bookings to come â€¦ weâ€™ve decided to leave tourist land Phuket early in order to visit Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh, and Siem Riep. Too bad we canâ€™t get a refund on our fancy apartment here in Phuket :^(
- Sat on the nice, dry balcony to enjoy the monsoon rains. Watched people scurrying about to find dry land.
- Grocery shopping at the Tessco MEGA store. Crappy produce, and it seems they mainly stock junk food. Weird. Next time weâ€™ll go back to Tops.
- Made final arrangements for tomorrowâ€™s overnight dive trip to Phi Phi islands. 2 days, 1 night, 7 dives! Yippee!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!