Random Thoughts & Favorite Quotes
Texas Travel Blog› entry 8 of 167 › view all entries
March 12th, 2008 – by: TessaHill
Reap what you sow:
- My friend, Kate, said that she and her husband don't plan far ahead because "things happen to us."
- "Oh," I said, "That's too bad."
- "No," she said, "I mean, GOOD things happen to us."
Now, I just love that attitude! No wonder good things happen to them!!
Fear and Courage:
- Everyone has fears- they creep in at night when the guard is down, maybe they're pervasive during the day as well.
- Confidence is knowing you can do something.
- Courage is not being so sure, but doing it anyway.
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Offering ideas to deal with specific fears of this trip- great
- Listing out all your fears to me regarding this trip- really doesn't help- I've probably dreamed of 10,000 more
My Favorite 5-minute Video:
- I love this guy's life spirit!
Favorite Quotes & Sayings:
- Life is not a dress rehearsal
- Carpe' Diem!
- I never let schoolin' interfere with education (Mark Twain)
- When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money (Susan Heller)
- Ciao Baby!
- Adventure can be real happiness (from the Chinese fortune cookie opened before our first RV adventure 2007)
- Difficult does not make for the opposite of worthwhile (http://www.bootsnall.com)
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!