Progress report

Texas Travel Blog

Ciao Baby did great going to South Padre- the curtains that replace the doors to the bathroom and wardrobe make a tremendous improvement in the hallway human traffic flow.  So much better!

Got more books ordered last night and some on the library request list.

Will order 25' jumper cables and door intercom tonight.

Kids all started their Spanish through K12's Power-Glide and I think it will be really fun.  They're also reading the books for next year already to try to get ahead.

Started an accordian file folder to hold articles about RV locations in magazines.  Lots more magazines to go through.

Love the "99 Days to Panama" book from the Houston couple- tremendously helpful tips on how to prepare in advance.  Would not want to wait to read most of these books.  Found out through some research and a wee bit of memory that the WorldTrek family lives about 1 mile away- will read the book and touch base.

Very sad to lose a Mom from our school, whom I knew, to a zipline accident in Honduras over Spring Break- I'm so very sad.  Read the discussion on MSNBC about whether we take too many risks when we travel.  I thought that was ridiculous- we cannot all stay locked in our homes, hoping nothing ever hurts us.  To live life requires risk.  Random accidents and bad things happen no matter where we might be.  Some would say that not traveling and getting to know people of other cultures is in itself a crime or at least negligent in that it breeds ignorance.

Life is for living to the fullest.  Please let me go while doing something fun, something that requires passion and courage.  Please don't let me die stepping out of the bathtub or falling out of bed.