Texas Travel Blog

We've been Busy, Busy, Busy getting ready!

I made a plan, now just need to work it.  That's the hard part.

An Excel Spreadsheet with multiple worksheets (tabs at the bottom) for each focus area will surely keep me straight, right?  Matching folders in my file drawer for printed info.

Here are the worksheet focus sections:

Monthly TTDo

Rig Ready

Central America

Packing list

100 Wishes

STILL painting the interior of Ciao Baby- would not recommend for the faint of heart.  Got the cabinet fronts on and the Ralph Lauren "denim" paint treatment looks fantastic.  Too much work to go to think about.  Act like a turtle and plod on.

Kids have finished all their K12 placement tests- need to call and get recommendations. Want to compare their curriculum with their school's before ordering.  Their books will consume all RV space.

Printer died so bought another HP 4315 (fax, scanner, printer, copier) last night, which we may take on the trip with the flatbed scanner.  The border-crossing docs seem to be biggest need- legal stuff - emergency situations.  Wish one could use a fax over a cell phone line.  Will check out online eFax services.

Will start ripping destination tips out of RV magazines (scan them in?) & storing websites on laptop hard drive.

Might want a satelite phone.

Might want satelite internet.

Books:  Have ordered several from (best used book search engine) and have library ones too.  Reading Frommer's Alaska (very good!), Footprint's Mexico and Central America, and Jim Roger's "Adventure Capitalist".  I loved the title and the book!  Picking up "99 Days to Panama" library book today- this couple from Houston RV'd to Panama.  Can't wait to read that!

I think I'll do my Christmas Cards soon (which never went out) in the form of an email and let folks know of our blog.  Getting travel recommendations and hooking up with their far-flung friends is terrifically helpful.

We cannot wait!!!

Lazy_Daze_Ken says:
Your mention of border crossing reminded me that when one parent takes children into Mexico, that parent needs a notarized letter from the other parent authorizing taking the children into the country.
Posted on: Mar 13, 2008