Texas Travel Blog› entry 9 of 167 › view all entries
Preparations I've been working on lately:
Electronics for the rig: I have pestered my dear Lazy Daze friends individually on topics of their expertise:
- Larry about Converter upgrades, upgrade kits, 60 amp fuses
- Chris on coach batteries and profill systems
- Andy on SeeLevel gauges, battery monitors
- Jonna on internet, cell phones and battery charge monitors
I'm hoping it's like asking directions. The people from whom you just asked directions don't know that you just asked directions 2 minutes ago. If they don't realize I'm pestering so many people, maybe they won't think I'm as annoying as a knat!
Then I've asked my Lazy Daze friends for recommendations on:
- Jumper cables to use between coach & engine batteries
- Skype and international cell phones
- Internet phone card vs. satellite internet
- Travel eBooks
They sure are great sports! I am certain my enthusiasm would lag without this great group of helpful people who constantly share and teach.
We've finished the K12 placement tests. Jazy said they tested her on things she didn't learn. If they'd tested her on the things she learned, she would have done better. REALLY? <sigh> I do think though that the world history she learned at school probably was more important than types of sentences. We'll have to figure out what they all need to study and order that material.
Still haven't gotten our passports renewed. They expire 8/09. Some countries won't let you enter unless 6 months minimum are on the passports. Both parents must take the kids for their passport appointments. Hours at the Post Office are laughable, but we'll make it happen.
Yellowstone doesn't book RV sites for the summer until May 1. Whew.
Ned booked flight to Colorado in June for the reunion. Hooray!
I've gotten 3 more library books that are delicious:
- RVing Alaska by Charlie Minshall- a zesty woman RVing solo
- 99 Days to Panama (in a motorhome by a Houston couple)
- Footprint's Mexico and Central America
Lia had her Young Author's Day this morning- that's our picture. She's missing her front tooth- dang, she's cute!