Homeschooling Curriculum arrived!

Texas Travel Blog

K12 curriculum arrived- 3 kids' work

The kids' K12 supplies arrived!  My oh MY!  They seem very high quality and interesting and rather overwhelming in quantity.  The kids are terrified!

There seems to be tremendous work involved.  I reminded them that we have about 17 months in which to do whatever we decide is important for them to learn.

Also, I told them that we were not going to stress over this.  We are going to work diligently and LEARN, but we'll pace ourselves based on our travel.

I am dismayed at the amount of stress Jazy experiences in the 7th grade.  I think she is surrounded by Type A's who feed off each other's anxiety.  It will be good for her to get away from that long enough to learn how to enjoy the learning process rather than the timelines, deadlines, and requirements.

Lia's work- wrote on the edge so can see when stacked; color-coordinated by kid
  While speed and efficiency are important in life, learning to be responsible for their own learning will be so valuable.

I have to admit that am quite impressed with this K12!  It does look like a tremendous amount of work.  The resources are really impressive.

Where will all these fit in the rig?  We'll put them in plastic bins by the back windows and likely some in the cabover, although not much weight should go up there.

I wrote on the top and bottom of each book in kid-coded marker so we can find them easily if stacked.

These books are the "Student" pages that are bound instead of printed from online as needed.  I paid extra for those to keep us organized- so glad I did.

I don't know what those enormous Teacher's Guides are all about!  I'll have to study my role in all this.  It's a learning experience for me too.

K12 curriculum arrived- 3 kids wo…
K12 curriculum arrived- 3 kids' w…
Lias work- wrote on the edge so c…
Lia's work- wrote on the edge so …
Charles work