Home from Texarkana & working hard

Texas Travel Blog

Picture in Texarkana at Lazy Daze Roundup

Ciao Baby did great on the 5.5 hour trip to Texarkana.  Fabulous time meeting with the South Central Lazy Daze Group.  That's the group of Lazy Daze owners in Texas and those who WANT to be in Texas.  Haha!

We met so many interesting people and we had a great time!  Charles won the award for the "Only male under 55 years of age" and was delighted.  Age is irrelevant to us- what matters is an individual's heart and passion.

7 Weeks left.  I'm going to have to focus:

• Install SeeLevel Gauges
  • Back to Mechanic:  Fuel Injection flush and found out there's a primary fuel filter between the fuel tank and the engine need to replace
  • State inspection
  • Install converter with 60 amp in-line fuse (when fuses arrive)
  • Install 120 amp circuit breaker switch in coach battery compartment (when switch arrives)
  • Create wills on Willmaker software (arrived)
  • Move Grand Canyon reservation to earlier
  • Schedule Lia and Charles' birthday celebrations with friends before we leave
  • Book Ned's flights to Alaska and ferries on U.S. Maritime Highway (need to finish itinerary)
  • Work on China itinerary to determine flights and hotels with Lea and Lotus
  • Finish organizing the interior of Ciao Baby for trip - I've been deleting items
  • Buy air compressor, jack, alarm security system, Link-10 battery monitor system, and of course a musical air horn!
  • Need to figure out internet access
  • Need to seriously work through K12 so the kids are in a groove by the time we leave
  • Perhaps rip the kids' books apart (I read that in "Worldtrek" book- divide the books up for trip segments to save weight)
  • Buy clothes for the trip and organize pack list (we were woefully packed this past trip)
  • Read all these books and determine if there are any left that I haven't bought (I think I got them all)

A note on that wonderful "Worldtrek" book- ( http://tinyurl.com/5zzx8f ) Now THAT is really difficult travel, in my opinion.  They really went all over the world:  Egypt, India, Thailand, Africa.  I can only imagine their trip research!  Going to Alaska, Central America, China, and Europe seems easier to me by comparison.  Also, we have 15 months, so I think our schedule is a bit more leisurely, which I want.

Picture in Texarkana at Lazy Daze …
Picture in Texarkana at Lazy Daze…