Hey, hey, hey it's a Beautiful day!

Fort Clark Springs Travel Blog

Hooray!  We made it out at 10am.  The above-referenced song in the title is by Daniel Boone and is our official RV Adventure song that we sang on the way out of the neighborhood.
I have to admit that it was so sad leaving Ned- I think everyone was trying unsuccessfully not to cry.  It's hard to start a trip so *sad*, but that's the sacrifice or we don't go at all.  Things improved as we drove along and called him about 4 times along the way- ha!
We scheduled a long driving day and made it as planned- about 5pm.  We're at For Clark Springs RV Park by Bracketville, TX, about 5 hours from Big Bend off Hwy 90.  Very neat place!  There is a whole settlement here from the 1850's and they've made it a park/gated community/fresh springs pool resort area.
Here's Lia's report to her sweet friend who emailed her, but we cannot seem to get the email sent out:
For dinner, I had a Lean Pocket and some ravioli.  Also, we went swimming in the 3rd largest spring-fed pool in Texas!  It was icy cold!  My Mom was the first one to hop in- I was the last one!  ...  I'm at a campsite at Fort Clark Springs.  Also, I saw some wildlife, like a baby deer and also humongous armadillos and deer.  Also, wild turkey.  There was a baby deer with the Mama.  The baby deer was really cute.  Well, how's your life going?  Thanks for emailing me.  I was thrilled to see an email from you.
Lia xox
Tomorrow we hope to see more of Fort Clark and run 7 miles up the road to Alamo Village (site of the largest movie set outside of Hollywood).  We were just reading about running into Mexico from Del Rio, which sounds fun and just up the road.  Also, we want to see Roy G Bean's West of the Pecos Museum, or something like that.  Then on to Marathon, TX before heading into Big Bend perhaps.   Need sleep. Only about 3.5 hours last night.  Excited!
cholulared says:
So Excited for all of you!

When you come visit, are you going to stay the night or just kind of wave as you drive by?

;0) Kate