Biking Breckenridge

Breckenridge Travel Blog

We've had such a delightful time here at Heaton Bay Campground.  Eight miles south is Breckenridge with it's quaint downtown and summer fun activities.  The kids enjoyed trampoline bungie jumping by the ski ticket office and we biked the excellent and extensive bike paths.  It is so great being in a bike-friendly area!

We've also relaxed, cleaned excess from the camper, worked on school, and enjoyed our view of the lake and snow-capped mountains.  A brief rainshower was our first rain since leaving home.

We also decided that it is easier to do without something than to find a place to store it.  It is amazing how little we really need or use.  Charles is sending half his clothes home with Dad.

We had one small snafu with one campsite that two Hill families had reserved!  How odd is that?  They'd reserved it weeks ago, so we simply parked in a site across from them.  We were happy there was a different one available.

A nice guy at the tire place in Frisco looked at Ciao Baby's wheels for me and said that the lugnuts were fine and I was only missing a few of the cosmetic covers.  He suggested a large RV repair place in Denver might carry them, but that I was fine to drive.  That's a relief.

We're so looking forward to seeing Ned today!  The airport is on the far side of Denver and his flight is a 5pm.  But I'll try not to stress over the traffic and we'll do fine getting up to our campground in Rocky Mountain National Park tonight.  We'll try to get to the airport early and cook dinner.

Frisco is a very modern looking town with many new shops and stores in buildings that really try hard to blend in with the environment.

We all sure love Colorado!  It feels so nice here with the clean air and high altitude.  We like the outdoor focus and the beautiful views.

Breckenridge