Playa Blanca

Playa Blanca Travel Blog

We had to turn in the car today - no more wandering around Lanzarote, but that's ok - I think we've visited just about everything and I could use a lazy day.  After returning the car we swam for a while and then walked up the coast from the hotel and ended up in a new development called Puerto Rubicón which is surprisingly nice.  It is a combination of residential area, a marina, shopping and restaurants.  It looks like it can't be more than a year or two old and is a nice place to wander around.  Beyond Puerto Rubicón there is an area with some spectacular sea views and an old castle - looks more like a lookout tower - built in the 1500s - called Castillo de los Colorados. We wandered around there, took some pictures and enjoyed the sunny day.

Then we headed back to Puerto Rubicón, found a café and had a drink.  Just stopped to think that another day like today (Feb 29) won't come along for four years!

When we arrived back at the hotel we decided to swim and get some sunshine - the pools are enormous and there weren't too many people using them, so swimming some laps was no problems.  I was surprised to see how many cats were hanging around the hotel grounds.  I like cats, but this was something else - cats all over the place.  I hadn't noticed before because we had been spending most of our daytime out and about exploring the island.  I found out that this hotel actually takes in abandoned cats, has them spayed or neutered and cares for them.  That's a nice thing to do, but they've gone a little overboard!  I must have counted 50 cats!

After an hour or so, it was time for lunch - tomorrow is the last day and I have to say that I won't be sorry to leave this food behind!  It's ok for the first day or two, but after a while it's the same thing, over and over.... gets pretty monotonous.  So, lunch came and went, and then we headed back to the pool for a while before some final exploring around Playa Blanca.

Espina de Cristo.  Es una planta b…
Espina de Cristo. Es una planta …
Playa Blanca