AsiaJapanTokyo

Day 8: Relaxation over a drink

Tokyo Travel Blog

 › entry 10 of 15 › view all entries
Alex and I at the Absolut Icebar in Tokyo, Japan.
Day 8:
It was nice being able to sleep in, but I still woke up kind of early, left the hotel and walked around Akihabara, through the souvenir shops, and then looked around for luggage to take back everything that I had purchased so far and whatever else I would end up buying later. I came to Japan with luggage that was only 75% full, thinking the remaining 25% would be enough to take back souvenirs, but I was miserably wrong, Japan has so many cool little things to buy for cheap, and it adds up, quick. I walked around till I found something that would definitely be big enough but at the same time, cheap... Then I went to the convenience store on the underground floor of the hotel and picked up breakfast, a sandwich and lipton's lemon iced tea. Then I started to reorganize things and pack stuff and watched a movie at the same time, then Alex finally came back, we had dinner at McDonald's, then went to Hiro-o station, walked around looking for bars with cheap covers, ended up at the Absolut Icebar Tokyo, which was really cool, a bit pricy, but definitely worth it. The entire bar is made out of ice, everything, including the glasses that you drink out of, hence its very cold in there and they give you 'cape' to wear while you're inside. Checkout the review for the details. After hanging out there for about an hour, we got really tired, went back to the hotel, and to sleep.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Alex and I at the Absolut Icebar i…
Alex and I at the Absolut Icebar …
Me chilling in an Ice enclosed sea…
Me chilling in an Ice enclosed se…
Tokyo Nightlife & Entertainment review
Expensive but worth the experience
So I've heard of an icebar, but we have nothing of the likes in the US, this place is pretty darn cool, it's a bit small, holds maybe 30 people at mos… read entire review
Tokyo
photo by: maka77