In one hour

Miami Travel Blog

Sometimes I get these urges of just leaving everything behind, even if its for just a minute. I've been resisting these urges since I came back from Middle East trip in 2005. I have been finishing my Masters and getting experience in the workplace. I'm not complaining... I moved to DC, worked for the Feds, and met amazing people.

But yesterday I realized that this is my last spring break. I am about to finish my Masters in public administration and I already have a job lined up with the government. On June 1st I will become a worker bee... which is fine because now I will travel for living, but this is my LAST 'i can do whatever i want' trip. So I jumped online and started looking for good airfares anywhere. I am quite good at finding last minute cheap airfare. Today @6am I found Miami-Amsterdam, Amsterdam-Dubai, Dubai-Miami for $1000...which is not bad because I leave in a week.

I am so excited for this trip. Not only because is a last minute trip, but because is my first trip by myself. I have always traveled with my boyfriend which is OK but i want to prove to myself that I can do this on my own. I already found the train info for Amsterdam and places to see. Of course I'm scared... a girl by herself in a new city? a bit scary, but i such an amazing feeling :)