beautiful sarajevo

Sarajevo Travel Blog

Old town

Arrived at Sarajevo Airport after 4 flights from the UK. Tierd.. Got a taxi and headed towards the holiday Inn. (see review). I just loved the place, the people, the culture. Met two of my friends from Sarajevo the first morning and we headed into town.  Alot of the damage during the war has been renovated, although some still evident. I only had 3 days so limited my trip to sarajevo itself.  Iam planning to go back to bosnia at the end of the year.  I even managed to speak some Bosnian, which I have been learning for years!!! the Holiday Inn was a good hotel and i got a good price for 4 nights.  My Bosnian friends were rather annoyed i did not stay at some place more authentic..

Anyway had a great holiday and am busy planning my return!!!

fra3b says:
hey!! i've been to sarajevo last summer due to a humanitarian project and i can really say I'VE LEFT MY HEART THERE!!people were so kind, places were so "full of history, feelings and whatever more" that i absolutely want to go there again!! hope to meet people like that and see so many things also in other country but want to go there again!!
just waiting for your next blog about it! have nice trips!!
Posted on: Jul 15, 2008
rizky_wisnu says:
very interesting place, great blog!!
Posted on: Apr 21, 2008
asturjimmy says:
fantastic place the old town of sarajevo
i was there last september
have a nice weekend